Monday, July 14, 2014

3D Shootbangs

So yeah, it's been a little while since I last posted anything here, but hey, it's not the longest I've gone without a post.  Anyway, those of you who frequent my blog are probably aware of my interest in weapons and the design thereof.  I've also been playing around with 3D modeling software lately, so not too surprisingly, I decided to take a swing at 3D weapon design and I have to say, I'm rather pleased with the results so far.  I'll have more pictures and comments after the jump.
This design was my first attempt at modeling a gun completely from scratch.  The edges are kinda harsh and the geometry is pretty simple in places but overall I think the design is solid.

Before anyone starts getting worked up about proportions on this one, I know the barrel is a little too big to be a rifle, however, I made this particular gun to be more like a Nerf blaster than a proper firearm, as you'll see in just a second.

I even modeled the interior of the magazine and all the rounds that would go into it. (Note the Nerf-esque shape of the darts/bullets/whatever.)

My second attempt was going to be a more compact weapon.  Early stages were... a little slow and it stayed a slab with a handle for a while until I revisited it not long ago.  

Fortunately I was able to vastly improve on the ergonomic brick design.  

It's still technically a work in progress but I was just so happy with the way this one turned out, it inspired me to be a big showoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment